Saturday, February 02, 2008

Tokyo fashion inspiration

I'm officially a convert to Junya Watanabe. If it weren't for the $750 price tag, I would have bought the mr. rogers/grandpa argyle cardigan for myself. Unfortunately I can't find it online, but here is his springs mens collection on the runway.

http://www.gqstyle.com/TheCollections/Photos/Default.aspx?ShowID=3687

I have come back home ready to add more unique twists to my wardrobe, to break out of the boring banana look of my office and to add a bit of pizazz - I'm also inspired to do a bit of refashioning. Perhaps the cardigan is not as out of reach as I first thought.

I did buy an Issey Miyake piece (Pleats Please line) which is only available in Tokyo, and has sentimental value as well as fashion oomph, since it ties into the exhibit I saw at the Asian Art Museum over New Years.

Project Update:
I finished the gift for Colleen & Shun on the plane trip, and if I can get her to send a picture, I will post it here! Now I think on to the Shirt dress and a gift for the coming baby Peters.

No comments: