Sunday, December 16, 2007

Dress Form status

After 6 months of a partially finished dress form standing in my room, I'm finalizing it today! Initially the hold up was due to inaccurate measurements on the finished form, but Kelly told me how to correct that. Then I needed a piece of wood to mount the stand on. I got a nice scrap of eucalyptus from my dad, but it was too strong and it broke off my screws as I tried to mount it. Pre-drilling must be the solution. Well, today I tried to pre-drill, and the wood snapped my drill bit. I was not discouraged though! A trip to the hardware store replaced the drill bit, and Joel from the neighborhood coffee shop gave me a scrap of lighter weight wood from their recent remodel of the cafe, and I'm getting down to business. Pictures to follow soon, insh'Allah!

No comments: